Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hot Bikram - the reason why I haven't updated in a while

I solemnly swear to improve with this blogging thing, it's just so easy to forget that I created this blog and since the past week has been busy busy, updating has slipped my mind...

One of the reasons I have been busy is my new hobby: Bikram yoga. Hot Bikram yoga if I may add. I tried it for the first time a week ago and am hooked. I had a weeks pass and could go to as many classes as I wanted, but unfortunately I had to work too, so I only made it to 3 x 90 minute passes. Fun how I noticed I'd improved quite a bit from the first one. The first time I had to focus on breathing all the time in order not to pass out.. there was some dizziness though.

The yoga studio is heated to over 40 degrees, so it makes the muscles warm up right away so the 26 poses that the class consists of can be stretched further than in normal temperature. Plus you get all the toxins out of your body by sweating like crazy. The towel on the yoga mat is soaking wet once the class is over. Quite refreshing. I will buy a ten time card and try going once a week from now on. It's also good training for the half marathon, since I noticed that my oxygen intake and durance had increased when I went jogging. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment