Sunday, March 11, 2012

During the week

What other things worth mentioning have I done this week?

I attended a discussion by the European Policy Centre's Future Lab - forum for young professionals, which was on the gap between politics and youth. It was funny how I introduced myself to an MEP from Denmark who was talking to a friend of mine, and didn't realize it was her until she said her name and I was like "oh so you're one of the speakers here", haha. She wasn't offended though, since she was elected at the age of 25 and often people don't realize she's actually a member.

I went to the Euro-Mediterranean forum on solar energy where the commissioner on energy, Gunther Oettinger spoke (which  I hadn't realized earlier). Then I also listened at a conference by a Greek MEP on renewable energy cooperatives and systems, where I realized I want to go to Aachen in Germany where you can go up to a wind turbine of 1,5 MW and at the end of the spiral staircase there is a platform at 60 meters where you can look at the view and the spinning blades (quite cool). I also went to a seminar on Arctic oil resources organized by the Northern Norway interest office and learned a lot about oil pumping and the new Goliat project. I did skip some seminars due to overlapping, one of them being on Transatlantic energy, which was a bit regrettable.

I had a rendez vous at the Commune to register and it all went well since I already had a Belgian identity number from my previous stay in Belgium, so it made it all a bit faster.

There was the 18th national session of EYP Belgium, with general assembly in the actual European Parliament. Fun for the delegates to have European Youth Parliament sessions at the EP, and also fun for me to be able to go watch the Closing Ceremony. I'm so glad to have an access badge of my own through work. I met up with some Finnish EYPers the previous evening to catch up a bit over a dinner in London, on Place Luxembourg (in Brussels though).

No comments:

Post a Comment